Make it Yourself - Faux Sink Cabinet

We live in student housing.  Not everything is pretty, trust me.  I'm about to show you one of the ugliest-most embarrassing parts of our apartment.  The bathroom... under the sink!

Yikes!  I know!  Oh, you want a close-up...
...here it is!  Pipes and.. what's that?  A nasty hole in the wall?  Sick.

I had a solution!  All I can say now is, "Why didn't I do this sooner!?" This faux sink cabinet adds structure and appeals to the eye.  It pulls away easily for cleaning - and is a great place to hide things you don't want seen (the toilet brush and plunger, perhaps?)! The wood cost less than $15 and I simply stained with Minwax Gray (my fav lately) and put a coat of Poly to protect.

I used 3 4"-wide furring strips, some free 1/4" plywood and a 18" long 2x2 scrap for the back brace and legs in front (the brace and legs keep the "cabinet" 1/2-inch off the ground.  I attached each side frame together with pocket holes using a Kreg Jig, then attached the sides to the front with pocket holes, nailed the plywood on and screwed the legs and back brace on.  Not much to it!

Labels: , ,