Dumpster Trash Turned Useful

I saw this chair by the dumpster and knew it had potential.   I mustered over whether or not I should take on another project.  Later that day I went to throw something away and saw it IN the dumpster.  Can you believe someone would throw THIS away!?

Okay, I can believe it.  Look how it's barely holding onto life. The style is cute, it's hardwood, and once I turned over the cushion and saw the springs I just had to do something.  Springs in a chair cushion.. amazing!  And yes, I dug this thing out of the dumpster with my shovel.. a little embarrassing but I was determined to save it's life.

I tightened it up real nice with some screws underneath.

I sanded off all the yucky old finish.

I gave the pliers to Jordan - let's just say he was entertained for a full 30 minutes trying to get those staples out!

I watered down some paint to give the chair a white-washed look {about a 1:5 ratio}.  I just spread it on with a paper towel.

I recovered the cushion with some cute fabric and a staple gun. Cut off the excess fabric and that's it!

Who knew, right!?

Labels: ,