Leather Couch? Nah, Leather Baby Moccasins!

 We bought this couch thinking it would hold up well with 3 kids and be easy to clean.

 After a rip and a backside duct tape patch (awesome, I know) it wasn't looking to great.

Then one of the kids decided to cut a 1-inch slit in the arm rest and a few days after another boy thought it would be cool to pull on the slit to make it a nice-big flap.

Not only was the couch very uncomfortable and annoyingly cold but it was turning out to be quite a "looker".  Thankfully we ended up finding a free couch and could finally get rid of this one.

I started thinking it was a shame all the leather was worth more by itself than it was in the shape of a couch.  A lightbulb went off and my husband agreed that I could take the couch apart for the leather.  A few hours later...

...TADA!!!

 I was excited because I would have an excuse to use my upholstery machine to sew some baby shoes!

Aren't they adorable!?
The couch looks much cuter in the form of little moccasins (plus there's enough leather to make a few dozen more)!
I've had this pattern ready to sell for a while but haven't had a chance to make instructions... soon to come in my Etsy shop (I hope)!

Labels: , ,