Pattern Review - Emily Doll

I saw this pattern over at ithinksew.com and it is the cutest doll I have seen and it's only $4!


There are 13 pages of step-by-step instructions with pictures and 2 pages of pattern pieces.

SKILL LEVEL: In my opinion, a beginner can do these!  The hardest part is probably hand-stitching the opening in the doll closed when you're all finished and you'll need patience putting the fill into the arms and legs.

THINGS TO KNOW: The pattern doesn't come with the cute bunny like in the picture (I made my own up) or the little bonnet.  It took me only 2 hours from cutting fabric to sewing finish - pretty fast!

TIPS: Sew on a lot of hair so it fills in better because you don't want to see the fabric underneath.  I used tweezers to put the fiberfill in the arms and legs.. it helps ALOT!

WHAT I DID DIFFERENTLY:  I made the apron 3/4" shorter, used buttons for eyes (and sewed them closer together than pattern suggested) and stitched the skirt and apron onto the body so it wouldn't slip off.  On the blonde doll I put straps across the shoes out of felt.. It adds a cute detail.  For the dark-colored doll I put 2 lines of lace on the bottom of the skirt which is just adorable!

I love how these turned out!  You can TOTALLY CUSTOMIZE these dolls with skin color, hair color and length, fabric for clothing and make little change to the finishing of the garments like bows and lace.  I am confident to say that any little girl would love one of these!  My boys have been asking me if they can play with these... I guess I need to make them boy dolls!

THE DOLLS I  MADE


Labels: , ,