I posted 2 years ago about a fabric organizer that hung on my sewing room door. People liked it, 'pinned' it and asked questions on how I made it... but after a while the organizer became a problem. With the weight of my fabric it was pulling the door off the hinges!
Here's my new invention - and it is SO much better!
I bought 3 2x3's that were 8 feet tall. I cut one board for the 2 short ends (decide how wide you want your organizer). I marked where I wanted me dowel slots and cut the slots out with my router (my husband helped). I attached all the pieces for the frame with long screws and put some wood buttons over the screw heads to hide. Sand and stain! Last, I cut my dowel rods the length I needed.
I love this organizer because it is floor-to-ceiling and I can move it easily if I need. I can slide the whole organizer down to reach the top and I can also remove the dowels or space them out as needed.
Labels: DIY, sewing room, woodworking